Go Green at Work in 2016!
The start of the New Year is a time of new beginnings, and if you’ve been looking for ways to implement green changes into your workplace, now is the perfect time. A recent blog post by Factory Direct Promos outlined 5 easy ways to make your work day greener in the New Year.
- Up Your Recycling. The easiest way to make your workplace greener is to recycle your waste. Get bins, label them and put them out around your work area. Metal, plastic, glass and paper are easy to recycle. The key is to place the bins where people are likely to need them and can easily access them.
- Look for Tax Breaks. Do an internet search or check with your accountant about green tax breaks. A lot of time tax incentives are offered for green business practices, so see if there are any offers out there that apply to your business, so you can go green and lower your tax bill.
- Catch a Ride with a Carpool. Encourage your staff to drive in together whenever possible. Fewer cars on the road means less carbon emissions, and due to carpool lanes carpooling may even streamline your employees commute.
- Make Your Marketing Green. Reusable promotional items customized with your branding message will get the word out about your brand. Utilizing recycled or sustainable materials minimizes the eco impact of such items, while the reusable nature reduces the need for disposable equivalents, all while helping the planet.
- Get the Whole Team Involved. Ask all of your employees for suggestions about green changes to make in your workplace. Brainstorming ideas may lead to green solutions you may not have realized otherwise, and creates a sense of involvement and ensures your staff is more engaged with the green changes.
Simple changes are easy to implement, so your office will be upping your green game in no time. If you want to check out FDP’s post you can find it here. Have you made any of these changes at your workplace? Do you have ideas for ways to make your work day greener? Let us know in the comments and have a great, green 2016!