Thinking of Hiring an Ad Agency? These 5 Questions Are for You
Choosing an ad agency or marketing firm is a big decision because it will set the tone and the course for your business for years to come. If you work in a business-to-business environment (B2B), it is key to find a partner that understands the needs of B2B marketing. Our brand, Proteus B2B Marketing understands the challenges you encounter when marketing B2B.
Here Are 5 Questions to Ask When Hiring an Ad Agency for B2B Marketing
- How does B2B marketing differ from B2C marketing? There are some basic similarities between B2B and B2C, but a specialist who is on their game can quickly and easily identify the significant differences. B2B marketing presents unique challenges that are not relevant in B2C operations and you want to work with an organization that understands how to capture the B2B market.
- What percentage of your clients are B2B companies? Specialization and experience go hand-in-hand. If an agency’s client list is not exclusive, or at least significantly made up of B2B clients they’re probably not be experts in the field. You do not want to work with someone who accepts any client, you want to work with someone who understands the needs and intricacies of the B2B market. Be on the lookout for a B2B “division.” This could indicate a diversified company that employees specialists in their areas of expertise, or if could be a ruse created for marketing purposes.
- What percentage of your annual revenue is derived to B2B clients? The answer to this question is very telling. A company may have a lengthy client list, but if there are one or two major clients that are responsible for the majority of the revenue that indicates where the agency’s focus truly lies.
- How are you compensated for your services? Media placement commissions and markups on outsourced services can add up quickly and typically foreshadow the firm’s strategy, which is designed to benefit them, not necessarily your company.
- Who are your three newest clients, and why did they retain you? It’s a good sign if all three of these clients are B2B clients since that indicates the agency offers expert help. The reasons these clients retained the firm will very likely differ from your reasons and needs, but you can glean info regarding the agency’s B2B marketing knowledge based on how they answer.
Taking the time to find an agency that is a good fit for where you brand is and where you want your brand to be can take time, but this is time well spent if it benefits your company. Check out the full post on Proteus Marketing’s site to learn more.